Women Who Code Delhi Mentorship Program: Week 1

On 17th January 2019, I got a mail from Delhi chapter of Women Who Code stating that I had been selected as one of the mentees for the Mentorship Program launched by them. I was excited to know about it as this was the first time I had applied for something like this and yet another first time when I was going to be a part of a community. The program started on 20th January 2019 and we were introduced to our mentors for the program via emails. My mentor was Stuti ma’am who is currently working as a Software Engineer at Incedo and is also the city Director at WHC-Delhi. I am excited to work with her to learn something substantial in the upcoming weeks.
Later, we were all connected to a common Telegram group where we could communicate and resolve our doubts with our mentors and fellow mates. It was good to see around 40 girls coming up together to learn and create an impact. Later in the week, everyone had a one-to-one call with their mentors. My initial call schedule couldn’t be followed due to the bad network but my mentor was patient and we had an amazing chat the next day. Firstly, I introduced myself to her, my works, projects I had been a part of, about other things I engaged within in my college. Then, she asked me about my interests, expectations, goals that I had in my mind from the program. We also talked about Image Processing and Computer Vision as these interests me. We talked about the various things related to these, explored some resources that might be helpful. My mentor encouraged me to write a blog about it and practice some basic algorithms in OpenCV to which I successfully wrote my first blog: https://empiricaltechno.blogspot.com/2019/01/starting-your-journey-with-image.html
The experience was good and I felt great in sharing my knowledge with others. I hope I will be learning and doing cooler stuff in the upcoming weeksJ.
Image Source: facebook.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Next Scholarship on the List

Earning your next Internship