WWCD Mentorship Program: Week 2&3

With a mind ‘blogging’ first week at the Women Who Code Delhi Mentorship program, it is time for week 2 and 3 updates.

The second week was focussed on exploring various internship opportunities for ourselves. Internship holds importance with providing the student with a practical learning and industrial experience. They give us our first job, our first impression of the industry, and our first earnings. So as many of us wonder how do I get my first Internship; how do I contact people in the industry to give me an opportunity; or how can I find a suitable job matching my interests? That is why our week 2 at this mentorship program was based on learning about various internship opportunities. As before, I had a call with my mentor Stuti mam wherein we discussed various domains in which I can apply for. As she is, too, from electronics background it was good having to talk about it with her. She also forwarded a few job openings to me so I could apply for them. Apart from that, we had a talk about my resume and she helped me improve on certain details and content. So, I wrote a comprehensive blog on the same. It lists down various options for earning an internship including opportunities in the private sector, government sector, research-oriented internships, and others. The blog post also covers some insight into the application processes. Here’s a link to it: https://empiricaltechno.blogspot.com/2019/02/earning-your-next-internship.html


The third week brought about an opportunity to address various scholarship programs available and learn about them. Scholarships are something every student aspires for. Getting a scholarship embarks a medal on the chest for the work they have done. So, I too, got on my heels to discover the new resources and earn my medal. I found about various scholarship programs general for all and some specific to women in STEM. My recent blog post on the same addresses the scholarship options for tuition fees for selected graduation, post-graduation and PhD programs in the Universities of USA, UK, CANADA, JAPAN etc.; scholarships for research programs in selective organisations; scholarships for various online courses; scholarships honouring people with excellent performance in their fields; scholarships for uplifting selected minority/state/backward groups and/or communities. Here’s a link to it: https://empiricaltechno.blogspot.com/2019/02/the-next-scholarship-on-list.html


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Next Scholarship on the List

Earning your next Internship

Women Who Code Delhi Mentorship Program: Week 1